Get Rid!

My gripe!

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Two for One!

I went to buy a pair of shoes for my daughter the other day, and was horrified to discover that a single pair of shoes for her amounted to the same price as 2 pairs for me.

To be fair to the shop, the shoes for me were an absolute bargain, BUT if you can knock the prices down on adult footwear, then surely you can reduce the price of kiddies shoes, given that they are the ones that need them more often (what with that habit children have of growing).

I know that this is all just business savvy, and they sting the parents where they know it hurts the most, but seriously!

What shocked me more is that a pair of shoes for a 6 year old in this well-publicised discount outlet should cost more than a pair from Clarks. To me, Clarks are the don in kiddies shoes, and consequently they deserve to charge £30 a pair. Cheapo retailers do not!

(But I love my new shoes!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home